Nelson-Denny Reading Test (NDRT)
Ages: High School - College
Testing Time: 35 to 56 minutes
Administration: Individual or Group
The Nelson-Denny Reading Test is a reliable reading comprehension survey for high school and college students and adults. It measures vocabulary development, comprehension, and reading rate with two equated forms that allow convenient pre- and post-testing of reading progress. It has two forms (Form G and Form H), both of which are parallel forms that have been equated and can be used interchangeably as pretests and post-tests.
The Nelson-Denny Reading Test consists of two subtests:
- Vocabulary – consists of 80 multiple-choice items, each with five response options. The words were drawn from high school and college textbooks and vary in difficulty.
- Comprehension – requires examinees to read five short passages (also drawn from high school and college textbooks) and to respond to 38 multiple-choice questions about the contents of these passages.
- Measures reading vocabulary, comprehension, and rate effectively in 35 minutes
- Aids in accurate placement of high school and college students at all reading levels
- Uses comprehension passages drawn from high school and college texts
- Focuses in the vocabulary section on words students need for success in school
- Offers optional extended-time administration to meet the needs of special populations, such as English language learners
- Scores reported: percentile ranks, standard scores, grade equivalents, NCEs, stanines
- Avoids bias and sensitivity issues
COMPLETE KIT INCLUDES: 25 Form G Test Booklets, 25 Form H Test Booklets, 50 Self-Scorable Answer Sheets, Directions for Administration, and a Manual for Scoring and Interpretation. a description for this product here...